Monday, September 26, 2011

Metacog what?

Metacognitive: Thinking about your thinking
-Mrs. knapp

Metacognition:  Awareness or analysis of one's own learning or thinking processes
-merriam-webster.com

Metacognitive: Catching your self wondering off while you are reading.  Then getting mad at your self for wondering off.  Furthermore, you get mad at your self for noticing that you have notice your self wondering .
-Kevin Tran

I have been feeling under the weather for last three days.  You name it I have it; headache, running nose, sore throat, coughing, body aching and snezzing.  I have tried  all of today over the counter drugs.  Nyquil (awesome until you wake up) Dayquil and Theraflu. Days like this I wish I still lived at home with my mom.   The worst part is that I had to work two out of the three days when the symptoms first began. 

 From when I can remember, I had a difficult time with reading and writing.  Maybe its because my mom never graduate college or fully assimilate with the America culture.  Or even due the reason that I was never good at reading or writing and eventually I stop trying completely.  However, it could be that I have ADHD or dyslexia.  I never wanted to get diagnosis by a professional.  I might be in denial or even scary to hear the result. I just don’t want to be told that I am dyslexic or have a disability for reading and writing.  I do not want to be known to have a handicap.  The would is tough enough to be an individual these days.   I do not need any more ammunition for people to use against me.  That might sound egocentric but that who I am.  My ego is arbitrary heavy to carry around sometime. 

What help me comprehend and acknowledge the marital I study for school or work purpose; is to plan out a time and a place in which I will be doing my studying.  For my English 1B class, I would plan to do my reading assignment on Saturday night after I get home from work.  Than the following day, I would catch up on my footballs games. When I get my fix on Sunday's  football games. I would take about an hour or two and work on the weekly writing assignment.  Occasionally, if I feel up to the task, I will make meidorcre comments or wise crack on other people post.   More offend than not, I read most of the my classmate posted and have to reread them.  I’ll zonk out or daydream all the time while I am reading.  But, when I am in the zone. I am like Pablo Picasso with a paint bush and the world(my laptop) is my blank canvas.

Action is the foundational key to all success.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Kevin thanks for sharing. I enjoyed reading your post. Also I really recommend Mucinex XD it works great :). Anyway about the reading i can relate to you, I also have trouble reading. I catch myself reading but then my minds wonders off somewhere else. Then I have to re read. Also when i read i keep a dictionary handy.. It really helps me really understand what im reading. It can be a hassle and definatly takes me longer to finish my readings. I think we all have our own way of reading and comphrehending. I wish you luck see you in class

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your writing is fine! I really like the titles you use for your posts, very creative! I have to ask, What is your favorite football team? Do you have one of those fantasy football leagues? I know some people that are doing that right now, and let me tell you, that is a distraction! ;) All day they just watch football, which isn't a bad thing unless you have an English class.;) Oh, and I like your page setup too, also very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Nancy aka Mrs. unknown, if this cold/sickness does not go away by tomorrow. I will look into Mucinex D. I normally don't like taking a lot of medicine. Typically I'll let my body fight the viruses. But this semester is grueling. So much to do and so little time. Also that a great idea to have a dictionary around while i am reading. I been meaning to buy one.

    Amanda, thanks for the complements about my titles and themes. It mean a lot. My favorite football team is the Oakland Raider. Plus, I am a commissioner for a fantasy football leagues. Whats worst is that I have the NFL package deal. Which mean that i can watch any and all of the game I want on Sundays. Its myachilles heels.

    Thanks agains for the comments and suggestion. You lady are forever cool in my book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kevin, I like your writing, your writing is well and from your writing I can understand your personality which is pure.I would like to tell you do not be worry about your reading many students feel the same way as you do.Hope you be success in your life and do anything that you love to be in future.

    ReplyDelete