Monday, September 19, 2011

War! what it is good for? Absolutely Nothing!

"I've suffered so much, I raised my five kids with the water of my tears, now they want to trade this key for my oldest son..."
"All my life, I've been faithful to the religion if its come to this ... well , cant believed in anything anymore" 
This is one powerful statement that only a mother can make.  The though of her eldest son, her first creation will leave her side and head into combat for a war that contradict their family belief. Its so apaulling thats she is loosing on senses with reality.  She does not know what to believed in anymore.  She is toured at the price she have to pay for her family freedom and for the islamic revolution.  The hardship she had to endure to rise her five kids “with the water from my tears.”  Its a condemnable attribute that a mother can rise her five kids and still have all of her marble is besieging.  With these quotes the writer wanted to emphasized that she didn't want to abandoned her religious beliefs but when her families is involved, she knows that blood is thinker than water.

War is not always right and not always wrong.  War is tough for everyone through in through. When you hear about it and see it on TV or even listen to it on the radio is one type of animal.   But when it hit close to home and one of your family member will be sent of to war.  It a whole different ordeal.  It will take much more than a strong willed woman to hold back tear or a hardworking father who rise his kids on his owe in small farm to let their son/daughter become a hero. If my littles sister wanted to enlist to the milliary I would be proud but at the same time scary that I might lose her. She is the only person in my immediate family that I really do care about. I would try to talk her out of it.

I for one do not agree with going to war over race, territory or religious purposes.  If it came down to it.  I would strap on my boots, put on my hard helmet, kiss my mom good bye and face the pie piper head on.  I am not pro war but when the time come for me to fight or run.  I will not turn my back.  Maybe  “Saving Private ryan” , “Black Hawk Down”and “Band of Brother ” had a big influences on the way I intermit war.  But, Ive always wanted a military back round or become part of the services . I guess the brotherhood of  military and fighting for the greater good of something other than your self appealed to me. I feel the can military can gratified mind, body and soul.  Plus I always wanted to travel the world.  




3 comments:

  1. I see your point on not backing out of war if it were necessary, but I really believe war is absolutely horrible. Most of the wars are about religion or greed. Well, greed is nothing to be fighting over, let alone dying for. Any war that is revolved around religion in my opinion is started by the extremists of that religion. These extremist are poor representations of what their religion is all about. It's almost like they use the religion as an excuse to gain power. All of it makes me sick to my stomach that people don't truly value their existence. You only live once, and to die, give your life away for war it has to be worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you war is horrible, but when another country invaded your country you have to stand and wear your war boots and defend your country from enemies.war is political and it talks about money for those who sell the troupes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. War has always been and forever be subjectives. I too believed war is not for the kind hearted and sometime is just for the wrong reason. Religionist extremist are the worst kind of warlords. I think war has to become mankind last resort. I do side with Parvaneha about if our back is to the wall "we have to stand up for our right and don't give up the fight" We do only have one life Amanda but whats life if you live for your self and not other 8). I respect both your though and statement. Thanks for the comments

    "Come on, you sons of bitches! Do you want to live forever?"
    -Daniel Daly

    ReplyDelete