Friday, September 16, 2011

Who am I?

"I am whatever you say I am. If I wasn't then why would I say I am"  A quote from one of today modern pioneer of hip hop Eminem. 

*Spoiler alert*

First I like to start off by saying that English is my worst subject and grammer is my number one flaws.  Please be kind. 


Bonjour mon ami I am Minh The Tran.  But my friends call me Kevin.  From what I was told.  My mother at the age of 19, she had two different choices to make.  Choice 1:  Stay in a third world country (Vietnam) with a man she like and was dating (he was mildly well off).  Choice 2:  Is to which she follower her heart and run away with a  man she hardly knew, to the free world in what they called America.  Can you guess what my mother did?  She pack whats is needed in two small breifcases  and escapes during the midnight sky.  Without leaving a note or explain why or where she was going.   She chase down love through a refugie ship heading to the  "land of opportunity".  My parent  had to detour throughout China for two years.  Once they reach the Golden State of America. They started their new fresh beginning in good old San Francisco of California.  Two years later that had there first child.  On December 12th 198? @ 2:43am. Weight in at 8lbs and 3ozs Tran T Minh( that how they pronounces my name in Vietnamese, last name first) was cast as their first natural american born child at St. Mary hospital.


Now here I stand 20's something years laters, a young lad still searching for what the worlds has to offer  him.   Honestly, I am still discover "Who I really am".  I don't think that search will ever end, until I laying on my death bed.  But, for now Its seem that I am a adrenaline junkie.  Ever since I can remember extreme sports was a part of my lives.  I am not saying I was good at any of those sports( skateboarding, Inline roller-blazing , BMX bikes ects). But I can hold my own and enjoy the time trying to be great at them. These day I am  snowboarding, wake boarding and skydiving. I am also a huge Oakland Raider, Golden State Warrior , San Francisco Giants and San Jose sharks fans.  I loves going to the actual game.  There is so much electrical emotion in the atmosphere at each and everyone of those event. Its such a indescribable feeling.  One must be there to understand type of emotion that ignite thought the crowd, when your team score a touch down or when someone hits a walk off or even making a game winning shot. 

Its seem that I am skating on thin ice at work these day and my focus  should shift to school.  So, I am currently working on my AS in fire sciences.  I have one last class to survive in order to received my AS.  An A.S degree is mediocre at best in today society and economy.  Moreover, I am taking my National Register Emergency Medical Technician (NREMT) at the beginning of next month.  Once I have pass my NREMT and become a EMT for six month or have 960 hours under my belt.  I can applied for Paramedic school. Once I graduate from paramedic school I will enroll to ASU for my Bachelor degree in Health science.  When I gain enough  experiences as a paramedic and received my Bachelor degree in H.S.  Then this will be the time I will applied for a  Firefighter position.  If I do ever become a Firefighter.  My dream would to become a Smoke Jumper firefighter. Those are the ones that jump out of planes to fight wildfire and forest fire. One of the baddest firefighter of them all.


That was little of Kevin Tran past, present and future.  


"Live life today as not your last but live as if you just been awaking"  


The best advice I got
Was keep writing
And keep living
And keep loving
And when the ink dries
And the pages turn to dust
So will we
Turn to dust

-Frank Ocean

1 comment:

  1. Welcome aboard Kevin! I hope it's okay to call you Kevin. I figure, given your disclaimer about grammar, you'd prefer that I consider you a friend rather than a foe:) I appreciate your candor here and that you can relate to this book, even though it is fiction. We will discuss the blurred lines here between fiction and this particular graphic novel, which may have been called a memoir if it had been published a few years prior. When you are talking about literature, fiction is often truer, then non-fiction, however. Great to have you in the class. You need to buy the Harbrace Handbook, which is in the bookstore. I will be working with you on your grammar, in a nice friendly way:), so that someday you won't feel the need to write 'disclaimers' about your writing. It seems to me like you have a great voice and engaging style in your writing and that you aren't afraid to be creative and take chances—all of these traits make a great foundation for powerful writing!

    ReplyDelete