Saturday, September 17, 2011

Better late than never, but never late is better

This post was due last Sunday.  I will probably not get any credit for this but I owe it to my self and Mrs Knapps to attemp  to write this post.  Procrastination has become second nature to me.  Waiting until the last minute to get done thing  is my signature way of life.  But I would like to blame this late post to my dear friends Joe Clarke and Lenny Fong.  My friends Joe Clarke recently move to southern California due to getting new job as wine brokerage.  Congratulations Joe Clarke. He was in compeititon with 500 other candidate for one position.  He had the interview on Wednesday and got the job on Thursdays. He had to started the job that up coming Monday.  I had to say our farewell that Saturday night which was my HW night.  Then there was my friend Lenny Fong who was also going back to school in southern California this past Wednesday.   I  had to say goodbye to him twice once on Friday night and the on Sunday afternoon.  Both those days was dedicated for HW. Thanks guys your are the best.

Back to the literature at hand.  I don't remember the last time i read a book or even a magazine. But, Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi was intriguing from pages 1 to 50.  She was so coy as little girl. Marjane is also very smart for her age and lucky to have parent that are so understandable and reasonable.  She has the makeup of being  something great one day.
In the near future of this book it will have her going through her teen year struggling to cope with society and what her parents stand for.  We will get to see her making choices that her parent will disagreed with like the type of friends she going to have and the people she will date.  This will  invoke the belief of the righteousness of the islamic race and  religion.  She will discover her grandpa past and become intuitive in his passion for fighting for his people.  She will also follow in his footsteps and live for the people.  Maybe she will become a prophet and god will speck to her in what we know as dreams.

To bad I found out the other day that this is a fictional book.  I just felt that I knew this girl somehow.  She was somehow relatable.  Most of thing she went through was not the typical life style that a normal American kids live through.  The way I grew up was not like your  hollywood movie or favorite TV show ether.  Marjane did had her ups and her down. So has every Vietnamese american  kids that went to school in america.  Our value, ethic and morals had septurated us from the american born ideal philosophy.  The way we look, the way we spell our name, and the way we talked with an accent.  All these thing had aliened us early in American schooling.  Marjane had also went to simular situation when she was going to school.  Hopefully, as in today era we are more accepted she will be accepted for her family belief and life style.

 Till next time live long and prosperous!

No comments:

Post a Comment