Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Freaking out

I have no idea how I am going to write this Formal Paper.  I am almost in a panic mode.   This paper is likely going to be the toughest assignment out of all my classes. I am kind of freaking out.  Maybe even losing my mind. I guess this come with the territory of being a student. Ahhhhhh!!!! woosha woosha
So, I decided to go with Reader Response for my Critical Theories.  My latest post was on how Marj was portray as a rebel.   This is where I found my self with most connection to her.  In theories I would try to trace back to where Marj had her first rebellious uprising.  However, In the back of my mind, something is telling me that she was influence by her parents for this state of mind. I remember reading something about her mother having similar traits as a child.  

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like a great idea Kevin! I also agree that the Reader Response theory will help you to formulate your ideas on this paper. First, you will need to ask yourself: what is the purpose of my paper? You answer might be something like: I'd like to persuade the reader that for many young people rebellion is a way to establish identity. This is especially true if a person feels stifled by the mainstream culture around them. Once you chart out the purpose of your paper, then you need to start decided which examples and evidence from the text you want to incorporate to prove 1) that Marjane is a rebel 2) that she is in the process of seeking an identity that is different from those around her. Next you will connect with these idea on a personal level. Reader Response theory includes your personal experience on this topic or in connection to what the character is going through. You can do it Kevin. Just start writing and everything will be okay:) Ms. K

    ReplyDelete